TOBIN Consulting Engineers has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Hydraulic Modeller (7+ years’ experience) to join our Civil | Design Build | Water Division. This role can be based in any of our office locations (Limerick, Galway, Sligo, Dublin, Castlebar) on a hybrid working arrangement.
Our Water Network team are currently delivering critical water network infrastructure programmes throughout Ireland. Our team are responsible for all aspects of design from feasibility assessment and pioneering through to construction design, operational support and optimisation.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver and lead on a wide variety of projects such as large capital works design, water quality and network optimisation. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop the water network modelling division.
Education and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering, environmental engineering, water resources engineering, or a related field.
- Relevant certifications or training in hydraulic modelling software, such as Synergi, would be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience in hydraulic modelling and pressure management within the water industry is essential.
- Proficiency in using Synergi software for hydraulic modelling and analysis is a must.
- Proficiency in using Infoworks ICM, Microdrainage or other industry standard software for hydraulic modelling of wastewater and drainage networks.
- Experience in pressure management studies, including identifying areas for pressure reduction, assessing network performance, and optimizing pressure management strategies.
- Familiarity with water distribution and wastewater system design, operation, and maintenance practices.
- Familiarity with design risk assessment and positive health and safety behaviours
- Strong knowledge and understanding of hydraulic principles, network analysis, and water distribution system modelling.
- Proficiency in using Synergi or other hydraulic modelling software for network analysis, pipe sizing, pressure zone delineation, and pressure management simulation.
- Ability to develop and calibrate hydraulic models, including data collection, network data entry, and verification.
- Skill in interpreting and analyzing hydraulic modelling results to provide recommendations for pressure management improvements.
- Knowledge of GIS (Geographic Information System) tools and their integration with hydraulic modelling software.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- Ability to analyze complex hydraulic systems, identify performance issues, and propose appropriate pressure management solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot hydraulic modeling issues, resolve errors, and ensure model accuracy.
- Capacity to interpret and present data in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to prepare reports, present findings, and communicate with clients, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborative approach to work effectively as part of a team and liaise with professionals from different disciplines, such as engineers, planners, and project managers.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Strong organizational skills to handle data management, documentation, and project coordination.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.