Duties and Responsibilities:
As a key member of a team within the CDBW department of TOBIN, the Senior Engineer will have the opportunity to manage and deliver key water and wastewater capital infrastructure projects for a range of clients and to oversee the full project lifecycle including planning, design, procurement, administration and handover stages. The candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of innovative and challenging projects which will typically involve water/wastewater treatment processes, distribution networks and associated pumping stations. Some of the key duties of the role are as follows:
- Development of preliminary designs and feasibility studies at concept design stage.
- Preparation of route and site selection reports.
- Development of design drawings, technical reports and calculations.
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications for project delivery,
- Liaison with the Client throughout all stages of the project ensuring design and contract outputs are delivered on time to a high quality.
- Management of a team of Graduate, Design and Project Engineers in the delivery of the above project outputs.
- Mentoring and developing project teams, including junior engineers and support staff, providing technical expertise and guidance.
- Coordination of a multidisciplinary team within TOBIN ensuring delivery of environmental, planning, hydrogeological and structural inputs to the design.
- Procurement of Site Investigation and Building and Civil Engineering Contracts and
where appropriate the preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Construction stage inspections and preparation of associated reports.
- Identifying and mitigating project risks, and implementing effective risk management strategies.
- Developing effective communication and collaboration within the TOBIN teams and with key Clients.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements,
project schedules and project budget are achieved.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Keep up to date with industry development, innovations and the technology utilised
by consulting engineering professionals.
- Compliance with and further development of the company’s quality assurance
procedures and plans.
The Skills Required of a Senior Engineer:
- 7 – 10 years experience in a similar role.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in delivering projects in the water/wastewater industry in Ireland.
- Minimum of a Level 8 Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal
- Strong understanding of water/wastewater engineering standards
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages such as Microsoft Project.
- Strong working knowledge of construction contracts such as FIDIC.
- Proven ability to manage teams, to deliver complex projects and to build client relationships.
If you are an experienced Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager with a passion for the delivery of complex and challenging projects, we would like to hear from you. TOBIN are committed to the delivery of innovative and sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure in Ireland and we invite you to apply for this opportunity to join our growing team.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your CV to email@example.com.