TOBIN has extensive experience in optioneering and site selection work in order to identify the most environmental and best performing design options. TOBIN employ Geographical Information Systems (GIS) as a tool for route/site selection on projects including overhead and underground transmission lines, wind farms and substations.
TOBIN’s capacity includes:
- Identification, compilation and mapping of Constraints including heritage sites, visual landscape, designated conservation areas, subsoils and surface water features etc;
- Examination of all environmental constraints to identify potential route and site options using GIS;
- Developing a matrix for classification of route/ site options;
- Detailed analysis to rank the most suitable route/ site option based on the proximity to the constraints identified; and
- Identification of an emerging preferred route/ site selection option.