Due to continued growth and expansion in our Environment & Planning Team, TOBIN has an exciting role for a CAD Technician to join us in any of our 5 offices in Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Sligo or Castlebar. This is a permanent role and offers the successful candidate long-term opportunities for career development in the areas of drafting, 3D modelling and Design.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Production of detailed drawings using AutoCAD
• Production of 2D layouts and plans in accordance with planning guidelines.
• Checks drawing versus the project inputs for correctness and conformance to standards
• Work closely with clients and the Design Team to deliver projects to a high standard
• Disciplined record keeping and maintenance of drawings and files
• Assist with project tasks in the office (including the printing and collation of planning application drawings and documents) and site work, as required.
Skills And Experience
• Software skills to include AutoCAD 2/3D proficiency
• Preferably 2+ years’ experience plus in a similar role
• GIS experience would be considered an advantage.
• Previous experience in a consultancy environment is preferable.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal (English) communication
You will be versatile, a good team player, and committed to providing the highest
• level of service at all times.
Must have excellent time management skills and be able to work under pressure when
• required to achieve deadlines
Assist with project tasks in the office (including the printing and collation of planning application drawings and documents) and site work, as required.
• Degree in civil/structural engineering or equivalent
• Member of a recognised Engineering professional body
Please forward your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org