The Mick Lally Theatre is located along Courthouse Lane in Galway City. Part of Galway’s old city walls, which are protected, run through the Theatre.
The works involved:
- Forming new opes in existing walls
- Forming an internal floor slab incorporating wheelchair access ramps
- Development of area to the rear of the building as a pre-stage rehearsal area with storage and access to the first-floor rehearsal area
- Addition of Dressing Room/Washing facilities at first-floor level
- Repair and Strengthening of existing roofs
- Addition of new architectural roof to rear of the building
- Incorporated acoustic requirements into the structural design.
The project also involved the refurbishment of the existing building which included providing new spaces along with providing new disabled access.
Services provided by TOBIN Consulting Engineers on this project: