TOBIN are acting as Ballinrobe Racecourse Committee’s main consultants for all developments at the Racecourse since 1980 with the most recent and final phase being completed in 2017 with significant redevelopment in earlier phases over the past 10 years. This Significant Upgrade of the facilities including the track upgrade and widening has taken place over a number of phases in this time and we have provided Project Management, Contract Administration, Civil and Structural, Quantity Surveying and other services during each of these phases. This overall redevelopment was part of an overall masterplan or project for the site.
One of the first developments to take place at Ballinrobe Racecourse was the new boundary wall, turnstiles facilities, sanitary facilities, and the centrepiece – a new 1,800-person grandstand in which an innovative and very cost effective precast concrete solution was designed and built to withstand this exposed location.
Further developments included a new Tote building, upgrading of bookies enclosure and banking at bends, a new ambulance track and general improvements to the racetrack. Stable facilities and horse washing bays were gradually upgraded every season, with new support infrastructure for equipment, machinery, new access and parking areas for horse transport, veterinary and turf club services and parade ring improvements.
This project comprised of the following works:
- 4m Racetrack Widening along grandstand 2019 and refurbishment of Stable yard in 2016
- 160-seater restaurant, bar, a new entrance hall.
- New Pavilion Building behind stand
- Extension and drainage upgrade works to racetrack and ambulance track.
- New Tote Building, Pavilion Building – 2003
- New Access and Entrance incl Boundary Wall – 2017
- Turnstile and Entrance Facilities
- Bookies Enclosure Upgrade
- Stable Facilities and Wash Bays
- 1800-Seater Grandstand – 2000
- Stewards & Jockeys Pavilion building- 2006
- Parade Ring improvements-2007
- Site Infrastructure – access roads, drainage, car parks
Services provided by TOBIN Consulting Engineers on this project: