The position of Design Engineer in our Galway or Limerick office within TOBIN requires a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering (or equivalent qualification appropriate to the tasks assigned) and in general, the title may apply to staff that have between 2 and 6 years of experience depending on the knowledge and skills gained throughout their career to date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of a team within a TOBIN department and through mentoring with senior members of staff within TOBIN, the Design Engineer will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Where directed by the Project Manager, liaise with Clients to deliver the required designs.
- Review documents and designs prepared by Graduate Engineers.
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of
- computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Procurement of Site Investigation, Building and Civil Engineering Contracts.
- Assisting our Project Managers in the preparation of tender documents and tender assessments.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
- Take instruction from their Line Manager (and where appropriate the relevant
- Project Manager and senior members of the project teams).
The Skills Required of a Design Engineer:
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2D and an aptitude to develop their skills in the use of AutoCAD 3D and Building Information Modelling (such as AutoDesk REVIT).
- Capability to develop skills in the use of other software packages such as MicroDrainage Microsoft Access and GIS software packages such as ArcGIS and MapInfo.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts such as the PWMF Forms of Contract.
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages such as Microsoft Project, MicroDrainage, and other similar packages needed to fulfil their day to day tasks.
How to Apply
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your c.v. to email@example.com.