TOBIN has an exciting role open for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team in any of our 5 offices across Ireland, Galway, Dublin, Limerick, Castlebar and Sligo offices.
The successful candidate will 5 years plus experience in Road Design and will be skilled in AutoCAD, Civil 3D / mx roads / site 3D.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of a team within a TOBIN department and through mentoring with senior members of staff within TOBIN, the Project Engineer will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Where directed by the Project Manager, liaise and meet with Clients to ensure delivery of the appropriate reports, designs and associated outputs.
- Review documents and designs prepared by Graduate, Design and other Project Engineers.
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Procurement of Site Investigation and Building and Civil Engineering Contracts and where appropriate the preparation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Assisting our Project Managers in the preparation of tender documents and tender assessments.
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules and project budget are achieved.
- Take instruction from their Line Manager (and where appropriate the relevant
- Project Manager and senior members of the project teams).
The Skills Required of a Project Engineer:
- Level 8 Honours Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (preferably a masters also)
- Striving to attain the title of Chartered Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D / mx roads / site 3D.
- 5+ years’ experience in Road Design
- Self Motivated with strong management skills
- Capability to develop skills in the use of other software packages, as needed.
- Excellent working knowledge of construction contracts such as the PWMF Forms of Contract.
How to apply:
If you feel that this opportunity is something you may be interested in and would like an opportunity to discuss the matter further, please forward your c.v. to email@example.com.